The process of selling a home can be a time-consuming one.
The buyer wants to make sure they’re getting a good value for their money. There are tours and inspections and paperwork.
It can often take months before you can stake that “sold” sign on your front lawn.
What if you don’t have that kind of time? If you need to make a fast sale for any reason, you should sell your house for cash.
By doing so, you can cut some of the middlemen and speed up the whole process.
Do you want to sell your house for cash but you’re not sure where to start? Read on for our handy tips for successful, safe, speedy sales in Boca, Florida.
1. Choose Your Price
How much is your home worth?
The best way to find out is through research. Look online for the prices of similar homes in the area. Check the newspapers, too.
Then think about the additions you’ve made to your home.
Have you remodeled? Had an extra room built? Got a swimming pool installed?
These additions increase the curb appeal of your home, making it more valuable than when you originally bought it.
When you sell your home for cash, a good rule of thumb is to avoid jacking up the price. The higher it is, the more you’re limiting buyers.
That said, be careful not to dip your prices too low, either. You want your home off the market, but don’t be desperate.
2. Be Aware of Scams
Speaking of desperation, there’s always a chance a potential buyer could try to scam you out of your money. Sadly, it happens.
The buyer could say they’ll have the cash and then never show. They could continuously try to haggle so you’ll lower the price.
Even though you’re eager to sell your home for cash fast, don’t rush things. Trust your intuition. If you’re getting a bad vibe from a potential buyer, you don’t have to do business with them.
You may not sell your home as fast as you would have liked. At least you’ll get the full asking price, though.
3. Dress Up Your Home Inside and Out
Now comes the hard work. On top of packing and making other living arrangements, you have to get your home ready for staging. Even if you’re planning to sell your house for cash, you still have to impress buyers.
Here’s what we recommend doing.
- Go through each room and deep clean it. That means moving that dusty couch and old dresser so you can get behind and beneath these.
- If you have carpets, wash these so they’re soft and spotless. You may have to rent equipment to do so.
- Clean and polish hard flooring, including wood and marble.
- Thoroughly clean all furniture in the house, removing stains, pet hair, and other messes. Fluff up cushions and pillows.
- Clean and replace curtains.
- Change bedding and fluff up pillows. Do this in each bedroom.
- Clean glass surfaces like windows and sliding doors.
- Spruce up the bathroom(s) and kitchen.
- Consider repainting the exterior of the home if it’s looking shabby. This includes walls, roof, shutters, and more.
- Mow the lawn so it looks neat.
- Rake up any leaves and remove these from the property.
- Sweep up your walkway, patio, deck, and similar surfaces.
- Depending on the weather, prune your garden. Grow new flowers.
- Change out your mailbox if it’s old and worn.
- Park cars in the garage. Make garage space if you have to.
4. Remove Personal Items
Once you’re done with those tasks, it’s also recommended that you put away any and all personal items.
When a potential buyer tours a home, they want to imagine themselves living in it. They can’t do that if they see family photos and Fido in the dog bed.
Here are the items we recommend removing (not permanently, but just when staging your home):
- Pets (keep them outside, at the new home, or at a friend’s place)
- Pet food, litter boxes, pet beds, pet toys, leashes, and collars
- Family photos of any kind (artwork is okay)
- Refrigerator magnets
- Video game consoles and video games
- Knickknacks, figurines, and statues
- DVDs and CDs
- Books and magazines
- Food (put this all in the refrigerator, freezer, or cabinets)
5. Take Great Photos
By now, your home is ready for staging. To spread the word, you’re going to want to go online (more on that shortly). Before you do that, though, you need great photos.
You don’t need to be a professional photographer to take stunning images of your home. You just need a decent camera (your smartphone will do) and the right lighting.
That means you should take your pictures during the day. You can use artificial indoor lighting to brighten your images, too.
Start outside. Take pictures of your front exterior, then the side of the house, and then the backyard. Make sure you capture these areas from multiple angles.
Then go inside and repeat. Do you have to take pictures of every room? No.
You can skip closets and rooms that look alike. Spend extra time on your photos of the bedroom(s), bathroom(s), and kitchen. These are important rooms in any home.
6. And Our Last Tip if You Want to Sell Your House for Cash…Get Online and Post!
After you’re done taking pictures, it’s time to advertise. You can use social media or a real estate listing site or even both.
Upload all your pictures. Type up some information about your home and include your price. Then sit back and wait for someone to offer to buy.
If you want to cut down on the time spent waiting for your home to get off the market, you should sell your house for cash. This is a faster and often easier way of offloading your home in Boca.
Need some help preparing to sell? Contact Florida Cash Home Buyers. They’re a fantastic resource for those looking to sell their home for cash in the Sunshine State.
Florida Cash Home Buyers can help those with liens, inherited homes, and even homes in foreclosure. Call today!