If you’re a homeowner in South Florida who is looking to sell your house fast, chances are you’ve seen all kinds of ads and marketing from companies that buy Florida houses for cash.
The slogan or tagline these companies use is usually something like “We Buy Houses Florida or “Cash For Your House Miami”.
Are these “Florida We Buy Houses Companies” legit and for real?
There are a lot of companies that say they buy houses but how do you know who to work with? How do I know which “we buy houses companies” out there are honest, credible, and trustworthy?
At first glance many of them look the same but if you dig a little deeper you can easily tell which ones are the most credible and which ones you should be doing business with. In this article we’ll walk you through some things to look for in a local Florida house buying company. Use this as a reference before you decided to work with any of them (Even Us ;-))
Buying and selling houses is a great business and companies that focus on doing just that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like any other line of work – there are a hand full of house buyers in Florida that you probably will want to stay away from.
Just like our company there are many others who are really great, ethical folks who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time.
However, there are many sketchy and dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients. Many of these companies would sign a contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they were making enough money. Not the kind of homebuyer you should be doing business with right?
Yes…it’s very unfortunate but they are out there and you should be aware.
If you are a home seller who needs to sell their Florida house fast you want to make sure you work with honest, ethical, and a reputable local company who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule. Florida Cash Home Buyers is that company…let us prove it with a no obligation all cash offer on your South Florida home.
This IS What Reputable Other Florida House Buyers Are Doing…
- Helping sellers improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash in their house fast so they can deal with what ever real estate dilemma they a currently facing. We can close fast and usually as quickly as 7-10 days.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and month for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around South Florida.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of neighborhoods throughout South Florida. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens South Florida.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Many people have a negative view of the house flipping industry and think it’s a get-rich-quick scheme. This industry and it’s reputation is fueled by countless “reality” TV shows that glorify the business because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts in the house flipping business and it’s a very risky game we play.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Florida House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the most proud?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place… like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at [company] do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True Florida investors who run honest and ethical house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses Florida companies“… never be afraid to ask lots of questions!
About our company: FL Cash Home Buyers, LLC is a local South Florida Real Estate Investment Group who buys properties every month in ANY price range and ANY condition! We can close very quickly or on the date of your choice! We are South Florida’s premier real estate company.